Re: detection usb camera devices in my own application

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Kay Sievers wrote:

> This is a rather old, but still almost valid example of a
> full-hotplug-support program handling video devices:
>   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.hotplug.devel/13925

Kay, you undoubtedly didn't see the earlier messages from Sudarshan.
They said that he wanted to enumerate these video devices even when the
corresponding video driver wasn't loaded.  I'm not sure that this
really makes sense, but that's what he asked.

> (I still can see only Alan's mails. Alan, you are the HTML-filter? :))

Apparently so.  :-)  I did tell Sudarshan not to send HTML-formatted
messages to the mailing list.

Alan Stern