Re: udev cdrom_id rules prevent unmounted CD from spinning down

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 21:23, Nick Bowler <nbowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 20:53 Tue 18 May     , Kay Sievers wrote:
>> Nick, if you run:
>>   udevadm monitor --property
>> and access the device that it generates an event. does it always
>> contain the line:
>>   SDEV_MEDIA_CHANGE=1
>> ?
>> That would surely be incorrect to send from the kernel, if it isn't a
>> media change. And we might check if we can suppress these.
>
> I ran the earlier blkid test with the drive idle, and yes,
> SDEV_MEDIA_CHANGE=1 appears 6 times in the output.

Tejun, the stuff in:
  drivers/ata/libata-eh.c::sata_async_notification()
seems to send events for this device, even when there is no changed
media. Any ideas how to debug this? Or to check if these events are
really events we should put out to userspace?

Thanks,
Kay