Re: udev cdrom_id rules prevent unmounted CD from spinning down

Hello,

On 05/18/2010 08:20 PM, Kay Sievers wrote:
> Yeah, the problem is that we already have the problem with current
> software that causes the event loop. And we need a solution now. :)
>
> We might need to switch the AN stuff off by default in the kernel, and
> only enable it when we know we are able to handle it?

Yeah, somehow ignoring those events was what I suggested.  I thought
maybe it can be done in userland?  Currently there is no switch on the
driver side.  If the feature is there and the host supports it, it's
automatically enabled.  Hmmm... When we have proper in kernel media
presence polling, AN should be piped through there anyway so it makes
sense to prevent it from reaching userland directly now.  How does
that sound?

Thanks.

--
tejun