Re: What are the kernel option required for udev in 2.6.28 kernel.

> Kay Sievers wrote:
>>
>> You need:
>>  CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y
>>  CONFIG_UEVENT_HELPER_PATH=""
>>  CONFIG_NET=y
>>  CONFIG_UNIX=y
>>  CONFIG_PROC_FS=y
>>  CONFIG_SYSFS=y
>>  CONFIG_TMPFS=y
>>  CONFIG_TMPFS_POSIX_ACL=y
>>
>> New versions will also depend on:
>>  CONFIG_INOTIFY=y
>>  CONFIG_SIGNALFD=y
>>
>> CONFIG_UNIX=m *might* work, but it may also go wrong in "interesting"
>> ways.
>>

> Isn't CONFIG_TMPFS_POSIX_ACL optional?

Yes, it is, kind of. Udev itself does not really care. Things in
udev-extras do. Without PROCFS it might work too, I never tried, and
it's definitely nothing people should do.

Without ACLs you need to use groups for users, which you should never
do on any multi-user system, because people can use all devices
regardless of their actual session state. They can break your cdrom
burning task from ssh sessions, and all sorts of other things.
And and they could log into your box over ssh and can listen to your
microphone, which could be not exactly what you want in some
situations. :)

Kay