UDEV problem/questions....

I didn't find a mailing list... the web page said "Questions
Any questions about udev should be addressed to"

I have a linux distro that constantly has intermittant issues with
udevsettle (udevadm settle, now) hnging forever.  I see tht the
default is 180 seconds, but I left the box attempting to boot for
abount an hour, and it never progressed... I booted with an
rdinit=/bin/sh and adjusted the scripts to set the timeout to 10
seconds, and it still just hung forever.

The platform is a pentium 4, running vista(32 bit), running VM player
and booting sorcerer (sorcerer.silverice.org) latest x86 iso.
(2.6.29.2 kernel, udev 141)
http://sorcerer.silverice.org/download/iso9660/2009/sorcerer-ia32-20090524.iso

this is an issue that is present for a while, and if I ignore it, and
use older versions, or bypass the udevsettle altogether, then
eventually I'll get updates that all work again...

On a tiny linux image I put together, I was also having some issues
with udevsettle hanging forever, but if I modprobed the disk driver
before doing the settle (don't remember if also before udevtrigger),
then udevsettle returns immediately, and all is well...

but for now, I'm updating to latest vmplayer (2.5.2)... will post back
if that fixes the problem....