[Hotplug_sig] PLM patch spider

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 13:41 -0700, Judith Lebzelter wrote:
> We have a cron job that will hit the patch directory once every three
> hours to check for new patches.  It also pulls a patch if it finds one.
> This is the same schedule we use for other kernel patches.

Is there a chance that you guys could update your PLM fetcher a little
bit?  It likes to go looking for files that aren't actually present on
my web server, which generates a fair amount of log output that I
usually like to keep an eye on.  That isn't a big problem in and of
itself, it just bloats the logs.

The user agent strings are now something like: "PLM/0.1" and
"lwp-trivial/1.41".  Could they, perhaps, get a little bit more
informative, like:

	"PLM/0.1 patch spider http://developer.osdl.org/dev/stp/";

Also, it would be kind if they obeyed robots.txt, or at least fetched
it.  My log analyzer will detect robots based just on fetching
"robots.txt" when beginning a crawl.

-- Dave