[Hotplug_sig] 2.6.12-rc3-mhp1

> > For the 'patch-2.6.12-rc3' results look at:
> >     http://www.osdl.org/plm-cgi/plm?module=patch_info&patch_id=4381
> > You can get to there by clicking on the name 'patch-2.6.12-rc3' under the
> > 'Applies Tree' Heading on the original results page.
> >
> > I believe that Bryce is planning on coming out with a more polished
> > difference report for this.
>
> This has a limited amount of utility, mostly because it can't tell us
> what errors were caused by the patch.  It would be great to see if the
> applied patch makes any things fail that didn't fail before the patch.
> I don't really care if my patch breaks in some obscure module, if
> mainline breaks, too.

I set this up mostly for Bryce, but thought others on the hotplug SIG
might be interested.  He wanted this data for extracting the specific
additional errors or warnings between the 'mhp' patches and what they are
directly applied to (when there are any differences).  This sounds like
what you would like to see?  I think he has scripts which do intelligent
diffs on the *.err output files.

> By the way, how often does your script go look at the web server?  I see
> a moderate number of hits from fw.osdl.org (but not much bandwidth).
> It's not a problem, but I'm just curious.

We have a cron job that will hit the patch directory once every three
hours to check for new patches.  It also pulls a patch if it finds one.
This is the same schedule we use for other kernel patches.

Judith