[Hotplug_sig] 2.6.12-rc3-mhp1

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 11:30 -0700, Judith Lebzelter wrote:
> On Mon, 2 May 2005, Dave Hansen wrote:
> > How can I view the errors that occurred, and how can I view the same
> > results from a plain 2.6.12-rc3?
>
> If you click on the 'PASS' or the 'FAIL' you can see the summary.  It
> includes links to the actual compile results and configuration used.

Ahh.  They're not underlined.  That's made me think they weren't links
at first glance.

> For the 'patch-2.6.12-rc3' results look at:
>     http://www.osdl.org/plm-cgi/plm?module=patch_info&patch_id=4381
> You can get to there by clicking on the name 'patch-2.6.12-rc3' under the
> 'Applies Tree' Heading on the original results page.
>
> I believe that Bryce is planning on coming out with a more polished
> difference report for this.

This has a limited amount of utility, mostly because it can't tell us
what errors were caused by the patch.  It would be great to see if the
applied patch makes any things fail that didn't fail before the patch.
I don't really care if my patch breaks in some obscure module, if
mainline breaks, too.

By the way, how often does your script go look at the web server?  I see
a moderate number of hits from fw.osdl.org (but not much bandwidth).
It's not a problem, but I'm just curious.

-- Dave