[Hotplug_sig] MINUTES for Hotplug SIG Con Call 05/24

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 10:28:18AM -0400, Silbermann, Martine wrote:
> 	* Memory hotplug regression testing.
>
> Bryce automated the pull of patches from Dave's tree and implemented a
> semi-automated analysis process of the compilation results.

By the way, if there are any other patchsets that are not yet in
mainline, that are being actively developed, I'd be happy to help get
them added to the above automated cross-compile tests.

The patches need to be posted to an FTP or HTTP site somewhere, and
named in a consistent way that we can write regular expressions
against.  We run a script once every few hours to look at that site, and
if there is a new patch posted, pull it and run it.

The results generated include warnings and errors on twelve
architectures.  I then manually run a script that diffs that output
against the corresponding outputs for the patches' baseline, to get the
new warnings and errors that the patch would introduce.  If you've been
doing your development just on one architecture, sometimes this can be a
useful way to check that your code's okay across other architectures.

Bryce