Re: gtk3(mm) under Os X

Out of curiosity, in macports ML they said GTK3 works best on XQuartz and here you're saying the best way is to build against quartz, which is also what homebrew does ...why do they say gtk3 on quartz isn't good? What am I missing?

Anyway, I've used GJS via brew and adwaita-icon-theme formulas and never had big problems beside webkitgtk

On Apr 14, 2016 7:25 AM, "Florian Pelz" <pelzflorian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/14/2016 07:31 AM, C Gosch wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I started using gtk3 (gtkmm-3.0) on OS X, coming from Linux.
> I installed everything using homebrew. I noticed that the windows of a very old test program that I wrote are having the wrong spacings between widgets and that
> some stock icons are missing. That program was last used with gtk2.4, so I am guessing it might be a mix of old code and maybe things being slightly different under OS X.
> Does anyone on this list have experience with gtk3 in OS X and can give me some hints on how I can use it so that it blends well into the rest of the desktop?
>
> Thanks very much!
> Christian

The recommendation on [1] is to build the current GTK+ yourself using
jhbuild with no homebrew installed. There are instructions for it. You
may want to take a look at how gedit does things [2].

I don't know how well it blends in (haven't tried it in a while), but
you can try installing gedit and see how well gedit blends in.

[1] http://www.gtk.org/download/macos.php
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Gedit#Download
[3] https://git.gnome.org/browse/gedit/tree/osx