Re: gtk3(mm) under Os X

On 04/14/2016 07:31 AM, C Gosch wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I started using gtk3 (gtkmm-3.0) on OS X, coming from Linux.
> I installed everything using homebrew. I noticed that the windows of a very old test program that I wrote are having the wrong spacings between widgets and that
> some stock icons are missing. That program was last used with gtk2.4, so I am guessing it might be a mix of old code and maybe things being slightly different under OS X.
> Does anyone on this list have experience with gtk3 in OS X and can give me some hints on how I can use it so that it blends well into the rest of the desktop?
>
> Thanks very much!
> Christian

The recommendation on [1] is to build the current GTK+ yourself using
jhbuild with no homebrew installed. There are instructions for it. You
may want to take a look at how gedit does things [2].

I don't know how well it blends in (haven't tried it in a while), but
you can try installing gedit and see how well gedit blends in.

[1] http://www.gtk.org/download/macos.php
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Gedit#Download
[3] https://git.gnome.org/browse/gedit/tree/osx