Re: Call for code..

Hi!

Sorry about my late answer...

I am the maintainer of the gpm packager for the hungarian UHU-Linux
distribution.

I have spent a lot of time about 1-2 years ago debugging and improving
mainly the ps/2 code in gpm, and sent letters about it to this list.
If you are still interested, the patches can be found here:
  https://svn.uhulinux.hu/packages/dev/gpm/patches/

Well, the main part is "99-debug.patch". I can comment on it maybe.
It adds automatic ps2 protocol detection, resyncronization support,
reconnect support, and uses ps init bytes much more close to what
windows uses. (some mice can only understand that).

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 08:13:44PM +0100, Nico Schottelius wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am still busy, having many projects running.
>
> Yes, there are still some patches open and I try to do my best
> to get some uploaded the next week.
>
> If you have some 'new' patches for gpm, please send them directly to me.
>
> If somebody wrote code for the evdev interface, I would by interested
> in getting it. Else I'll try to write it within my holiday in July.
>
> Nico /* always busy, but with the heart deep into gpm */
>
> ps: Are any distro maintainers on the list which have always-again-applied
>     patches? If yes, please contact me offlist, too.
>
> --
> Keep it simple & stupid, use what's available.
> pgp: 8D0E E27A          | Nico Schottelius
> http://nerd-hosting.net | http://linux.schottelius.org

pozsy