Re: patches applied...

Hello Nico,

Thank you for your "Call for Code.." attached below, sent to the gpm
mail list three days ago.  I wanted you to know that there are 18
patches currently applied by the Debian version 1.19.6-12.1 of gpm.
Here is a directory listing of the patches.  A quick check with wc shows
that the patches total 1517 lines which includes all old and new lines
in the patch files.

    ~/debian/gpm-1.19.6/debian/patches > ls -1
    001_logging_000
    002_force_repeat_000
    003_wheel_000
    004_priv_elevation_000
    005_types_000
    006_version_000
    007_doc_fix_000
    007_doc_fix_001
    008_sun_repeat_000
    010_ps2_rework_defines_h_000
    010_ps2_rework_gpm_c_000
    010_ps2_rework_gpmInt_h_000
    010_ps2_rework_gpn_c_000
    010_ps2_rework_mice_c_001
    011_debuglog_fix_000
    012_dec_vs_xxx_aa_000
    013_xterm_mouse_support_000
    030_segfault

Debian bug http://bugs.debian.org/147462 was filed 2002-05-19 to get a
newer version of gpm into the primary Debian distribution but no action
has yet been taken that I have found.

I have briefly exchanged email with Zephaniah Hull, the Debian
maintainer for the gpm package.  Unfortunately, on March 14th, 2004
there was discussion on the Debian Quality Assurance mailing list about
Zephaniah's lack of activity (MIA status) and no reply was heard from
Zephaniah.

I hope that the Debian GPM package can be orphaned, a Debian Developer
can adopt the gpm package (and/or a Debian QA person can assist), the
new maintainer can sort through the patches and the new maintainer can
work with you to get the appropriate patches applied.

Best Regards,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

* Nico Schottelius <nico-gpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [040330 07:00]: