Re: Neighbors and Gateways

Jan Willamowius wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> endpoints and neighbors are 2 different kinds of beasts.
> With your config you are creating both endpoints with aliases ny, lon,
> phi, cfo _and_ neighbors named ny, lon, phi, cfo.
> The priorities you assigned to your endpoints, don't have any meaning
> for your neighbors which just happen to have the same names.
> I would definitely try to avoid using the same names for endpoints and
> gatekeepers.
>
> Neighbors currently don't have priorities (to avoid long timeouts).
> The one who answers first, gets the call.

Ah, ok.  I thought that since Neighbor "PHI" has a more specific
SendPrefix "1215" versus the more generic "1" for NY and CFO, that the
algorithm used is longest match.

This presents a conundrum then - I'm not sure how I can accomplish the
goals of local gatekeepers that are neighbored with GnuGK and still
allow tail end hop-off.  Back to the drawing board.

Can you possibly explain a little more how and when you would use a
neighbor versus an endpoint that has a prefix associated with it?

Thanks.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-dev2dev