Re: Test Gatekeeper for 2.3.1 RC1 online

Simon,

the question I have with the GK requesting a TCP connection from the
endpoint is that
unless the router has h.323 spying activated (kernel modules for h.323
connection tracking),
how will this dynamically-negotiated TCP port pass through the firewall
before the endpoint?
I am *not* willing to forward ports 1k to 64k through a firewall to the
computer on which
an endpoint is running.  I am willing to let a limited and
well-calculated number of ports
through to the computer via port-forwarding, no more than necessary.

It is my desire to eventually use h.323 connection tracking in a Linux
firewall and only
open up pinholes in the firewall, one by one, automatically, as
negotiated between GK and
EP.  However, with reference to
http://max.kellermann.name/projects/netfilter/h323.html
I only see H.323, H.225, H.245 protocols as being spied upon, so I don't
know if
h323-conntrack-nat, which is now integrated into all modern Linux
kernels, will spy on
H.460 negotiations - or even if it is necessary to spy on H.460 to open
up the required
pinholes ?

My application is secure telecom for a small, non-profit organization,
striving to improve the
the present and future conditions of mankind.  I have to figure out all
the technical complications
by myself  in my spare time, hopefully with a bit of help from the h.323
community.

Earl