Re: H.460.18/.19/.23/.24/.24A support now inGnuGk / H323plus

Hi Simon, hi Jan,

I have the following needs:

* run GnuGK on a Linux box behind a NAT router
         - if necessary in a DMZ and with port forwarding
I have read that GnuGK *must* be connected directly to the Internet and
can not
provide NAT traversal if GnuGK is behind a NAT router.  My understanding is
that there are no exceptions to this rule, not even DMZ and port
forwarding can help.

* all participants will be using a computer behind a NAT router.
   Some of the NATs will be symmetrical.

* secure voice and secure file transfer are needed.

Questions:

- Is it possible to use PacPhone in the above situation?

- In what time frame might PacPhone be compatible with the newest ITU
standards?

- Do H.460.18/.19/.23/.24/.24A still have the requirement that GnuGK
absolutely
and with no exceptions be connected directly to the Internet ?

- I have read that in the past it was possible to use a Linux box as
router and FW
by compiling especially written modules into the kernel.  These modules made
IPtables natively aware of h.323.  I have also read that the latest
Linux kernels since
2.26.13 ???? are h.323 aware, but can find no further information about
this.

It seems to me that if one could tell the present SOHO NAT router not to
NAT and
follow this with a Linux box doing NAT with native h.323-aware
traversal, then this
could be a good solution working with any hard- or softphone.  Since I
am not a
programmer, I am a bit lost here.

Regards, Earl