Re: H.460.18/.19/.23/.24/.24A support now inGnuGk / H323plus

Manjula

I just want to clarify something. SIP does not dominate the retail market
SKYPE does by an enormous margin.

In 90-95% of cases there should be no need to proxy media. This may vary due
the number of Non-NAT aware H.323 equipment (ie gateways) that is deployed.
The H.460.24 standard takes this into consideration when formulating the NAT
Traversal solution and media will need to be proxied locally.

The implementation in GnuGk/h323plus is not compatible with the existing
implementation in PacPhone. During the ITU approval process several things
had to change breaking compatibility. :(

Simon