Re: Multicast Discovery

I have UseBroadcastListener set to 0 as I don't want it to respond to
broadcasts just multicast requests... am I incorrectly understanding
what its for??

With the capture I posted before I started the capture before I
started the gnugk... I just checked again and I don't see any IGMP or
H225 packets when I start the gnugk.

I have also posted a ethereal dump and text transcript of what happens
on my machine when I start openphone here...

http://leary.csoft.net/~mjd/openphone.dump
http://leary.csoft.net/~mjd/openphone.txt

from what I can see no multicast data is ever sent or received, only
IGMP reports and queries... the filter for this one was "!nbns && !dns
&& !nbipx && !cups && !http && !arp && !stp && !smb" as I didn't want
to miss anything...

Thanks for your help everybody!

Mike

Click here to start!  http://www.idcswdc.com/cgi-bin/survey?id5hix