Re: Problem using neighbor gks

Chetan,

It's not clear from you config, "who" the GK1 is.
YOu define it CiscoGK in [RasSrv::Neighbors]
GK1=CiscoGK
                                            Missing a : (colon)
                                                    \/
You then define GatekeeperIdentifier=GK1 in [Neighbor:GK1]
Beside the typo - hopefully just in your e-mail not config?

IT should probably be CiscoGK (the name of the neighbor!)

You then state you also tried GK1=GnuGK  (I assume that's
the name of _THE_ GNUGK computer)  It needs to be the neighbor
not yourself.

You need to be able to ping the neighbor by the name assigned
to GK1.

On my system,

My GnuGK computer is  hostname GNUGK
My neighbor computer is hostname gateway_a
I have a public domain   domain.com

[Gatekeeper::Main]
; THE Name of the GNUGK system.
Name=GNUGK.domain.com

[RasSrv::Neighbors]
; The Name of the neighbor
GK1=gateway_a

[Neighbor::GK1]
GatekeeperIdentifier=gateway_a
Host=x.y.z.a
SendPrefixes=*
AcceptPrefixes=*
ForwardLRQ=always

I can PING my neighbor,  from the command prompt.
The computer gateway_a needs to be pingable from the GNUGK.

You can use whatever name you've selected in place of
my gateway_a name.

I use gateway_a.domain.com  but you may not need to on
your network.

I hope this helps.

Steve

--