Re: connect H.323 endpoints to PSTN phones

What do you mean with 'not reliable' ?

It is reliable and if there are any problems, the blame is on Siemens's
developers (who, as it looks, do not have any clue about H.323 protocol) and
their HG1500 module. I really doubt if Asterisk can do the "H323 job" better
than GnuGK :)
You have to reread my message again.

Btw, which version is your HG-1500 ?
If it is > 2, I would be happy to see if they have improved it and what
exactly they have improved.

I am really astonished that a company like Siemens has released on the market
such a "product" like HG-1500. It is just unusable, lacks of a lot of
configurable options like "Fast / slow start", "H245 tunelling or not" ,
disable/enable VAD, setting up the RRQ timeout and many others... ...
They had just to take a look to a Micronet/Welltech gateway (in example) + the
manual and the lightbulb shall turn on :)