Re: I cant make work gnugk throu a smoothwall

with
NetworkInterfaces=82.198.103.163/0,192.168.1.5/24,127.0.0.1/32
I can connect form out of the local net but not form the computer where the gnugk is running

I don't understand. Do you mean that you can connect from outside endpoints on the Internet, and also from other endpoints on your LAN, but not from the GK itself?

Also, I'm curious why you list the loopback address.  I would not expect
it to be used, unless you connected to it explicitly.

If you haven't already done so, try using 192.168.1.1 instead of 192.168.1.5
in your NetworkInterfaces .  I don't know if it makes a difference, but
the documentation examples use the private gateway address.

with
NetworkInterfaces=192.168.1.5/24,127.0.0.1/32
I can connect from local net but not from internet

This is to be expected; if the GK doesn't know the public address, connections from outside can't work.

I try with ethereal but realy I can't understand too much, I obtain only that wrong thin:

User Datagram Protocol, Src Port:32816 (32816),Dst Port: 1719 (1719)
  Source port: 32816 (32816)
  Destination port: 1719(1719)
  Length: 204
  Checksum: 0x7cf4 (incorrect, should be 0xefba)

I don't understand why the checksum was corrupted, but is it correct that this capture was taken when you tried ohphone -g trujo.hn.org -u trujo -T -a antonio from your GK machine? If so, one should not expect this to work, because most NAT routers (I don't know if smoothwall is one of them) will not work properly when you access a forwarded port via its public address from inside the LAN.

Antonio Trujillo Carmona escribió:

Thank.
realy this was my third message and in the first I explain too much so I cut out the most of it in order to don't make it so big.

I try to make only changes that you say.
I change only that
Name=Trujillo
NetworkInterfaces=82.198.103.163/0,192.168.1.5/24,127.0.0.1/32
StatusPort=7000

Right I try to connect from out side the smoothwall (PC1)with
ohphone  -g trujo.hn.org -u antonio --videoreceive x11 -T -a -l

and I obtain

Listening interfaces : ALL:1720
Gatekeeper set: Trujillo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Waiting for incoming calls for "antonio"
Command ?

that's very good!

but I try from My (PC2)
ohphone  -g trujo.hn.org -u trujo -T -a antonio
and obtain
Error registering with gatekeeper at "trujo.hn.org"

As indicated above, I would expect this to fail.

with
ohphone  -G Trujillo -u trujo -T -a antonio
obtain
Searching for gatekeeper with id "Trujillo" ...Error registering with gatekeeper at "Trujillo"

I don't know enough about ohphone to say whether this should work. Try the simpler case below.

with
ohphone  -g 192.168.1.5 -u trujo -T -a antonio
Error registering with gatekeeper at "192.168.1.5"

I believe that this should work, or try ohphone -g 192.168.1.5 -i 192.168.1.5 -u trujo -T -a antonio in case ohphone is somehow using the loopback interface.

If that and the changes to NetworkInterfaces don't help,
try running Ethereal on this case to see what is going
wrong.

If you have no problems with endpoints on the Internet,
nor with endpoints on your LAN (other than the GK machine),
and you really need to run an endpoint on the GK machine,
you may be able to fix the problem by assigning
a second private IP address to the GK machine, and
binding the GK to one and the endpoint to the other.

I read that smoothwall has a ip_masq_h323 module.
It's possible that that is interfering with the
proxying that gnugk is doing.  If it is enabled,
see if turning it off helps.  Of course, that would
only affect endpoints on the Internet.

Good luck,

Stewart