From: openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stewart
Nelson
Sent: 15 September 2004 02:51
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  gnugk behind NAT questions

Hi Ganbold,

> One more question, How situation will change if there are multiple
> endpoints for each NAT?
> I mean how does it reflect to NAT port redirect rules? Did you make
similar
> setup before?
> How NAT will distinguish each call and port redirection will work just as
> supposed to?

Since you are doing software NAT, it is probably easiest to run a GK
on each NAT machine.  Then you don't need any redirects and can
have as many endpoints as you like.

However, if you only have two or three EPs behind a NAT, you can set
them up so that they use unique call signal addresses and RTP port
ranges.  For example:

Device at 192.168.0.18 listens for Setup on TCP port 1720,
uses UDP ports 10000-10001 for RTP.

Device at 192.168.0.19 listens for Setup on TCP port 1721,
uses UDP ports 10002-10003 for RTP.

rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from any to $external_addr/32 port 1720 ->
192.168.0.18 port 1720
rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from any to $external_addr/32 port 1721 ->
192.168.0.19 port 1721
rdr on $ext_if proto udp from any to $external_addr/32 port 10000 ->
192.168.0.18 port 10000
rdr on $ext_if proto udp from any to $external_addr/32 port 10001 ->
192.168.0.18 port 10001
rdr on $ext_if proto udp from any to $external_addr/32 port 10002 ->
192.168.0.19 port 10002
rdr on $ext_if proto udp from any to $external_addr/32 port 10003 ->
192.168.0.19 port 10003

If your device won't let you change from port 1720, you can try
to forward external 1720 -> .18 port 1720 and
external 1721 -> .19 port 1720.  However, that does not work
in some configurations.  Sorry, I don't know the details.

--Stewart

Crack the code and win a Sony DCRHC40 MiniDV Digital Handycam
Camcorder. More prizes in the weekly Lunch Hour Challenge.
Sign up NOW http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;10740251;10262165;m