Re: Bug? Load Balance / Round Robin

Michal Zygmuntowicz wrote:

This feature has a bug and works well only in direct signaling mode or in routed mode
for unregistered endpoints only. The reason
is that number rewrite happens twice (ARQ and Setup)
and the rule is chosen randomly each time,
so when the Setup is rewritten, it may happen
that a wrong rule is picked.

Thanks for the swift reply there Michal. Much appreciated.
If I may impose on your valuable time a little more I'd appreciate a little clarification:
A permanent endpoint counts as an unregistered endpoint, does it not?
You're saying with GKRouted=1 this bug should not affect sending to permanent endpoints? This doesn't seem to be the case to me.

The obvious work-around has now occurred to me: use the same prefix across all endpoints to which we wish to load-balance. This way it doesn't matter if the wrong prefix is sent to the endpoint, as it will be correct anyway.

Thanks again for your time,
   and your valued contributions to this project of course!

-- Steve Dommett <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> MSN: stavros@xxxxxxxxxxxx Tel: +44 870 801 7700 Fax: +44 870 801 7701