Bug? Load Balance / Round Robin

Hi all,
am I the only one experiencing strangeness regards the load balancing? Or am I completely misunderstanding how it should work?

Our config looks like:
[RasSrv::RewriteE164]
0044=1234,5678
[RasSrv::PermanentEndpoints]
a.a.a.a:1720=gwA;1234
b.b.b.b:1720=gwB;5678

My understanding is that incoming calls to 0044 should be split 50/50 between the endpoints. ie half should be rewritten to 1234 and be passed to IP a.a.a.a, and the other half changes to 5678@xxxxxxxx

However things look very different from the perpective of the gateways.
Gateway A sees calls hit it with the prefix assigned to Gateway B.
We just happened to have a dial-peer matching 5678 on gateway A, and found that loads of traffic was unexpectedly hitting it.

It's worth noting that the CDRs emitted by the GK do not show this behaviour; the CDRs appear to show correct behaviour. In other words we're getting CDRs claiming calls to IP b.b.b.b with prefix 5678 when the call really routed to IP a.a.a.a prefix 1234.

We're using version 2.2b5 pulled from CVS Jun 3rd. We've seen this on 2.0.7 too. Media proxying is not used.

Any cluebombs gratefully accepted,
  Steve.

--
Steve Dommett <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>