Re: [ MyHost ( MyPhone-GnuGK ) ] - [ MyWall ( NAT )] - Internet - [ Voxgratia ( OpenAM ) ]

Hi Michal,

Zygmuntowicz Michal wrote:

Hi Rolf,

you may consider the following:
1. NetworkInterfaces should be the right way to specify an external
    address.

Yes, I believe this is it, as it was what I had in my config file that *one* time when I managed to make it work "perfectly" to call either ohphone at VoxGratia, or ohphone running at the same machine as the GnuGk, aswell as MyPhone itself.

BTW, Seshu Kanuri, this was how I specified it in the main section
of my config file:

	[Gatekeeper::Main]
	Fourtytwo=42
	NetworkInterfaces=<MY.LANs.PUBLIC.IP>/24

    This allows external endpoints to access the gatekeeper
    inside a private LAN (assuming it is in DMZ). I do not know if it
    helps in your situation, though. I have a gatekeeper running with
    this option and external endpoints are working succesfully with this
    gatekeeper,  although I remember there were some problems with
    internal endpoints to work with this feature.

Okay, I'll watch out for this kind of problems.

2. The NAT problem is not so simple, so without DMZ or port forwarding
you will not get a good solution either. The best thing you can get
(without DMZ/portfw) are outgoing calls (if the remote party supports symmetric RTP/UDP) or randomly successful calls (based on whether
NAT box has to remap ports or not).

Okay!

Right now I'll focus on achiving a stable GK that fully proxies
outgoing calls only. Later I'll investigate in incomming calls.

3. Maybe try to make MyPhone and GnuGk to use the same RTP/UDP
    port range.

I'll do that.

What's a reasonable limited port range setup,
just for testing/learning purposes?

Let's say one that is capable of handling a
maximum of about five simultaneous calls?
(that question might be improperly expressed
 due to my lacking GK background knowledges?)

Best Regards,

--
----
------