Re: [ MyHost ( MyPhone-GnuGK ) ] - [ MyWall ( NAT )] - Internet - [ Voxgratia ( OpenAM ) ]

Hello everyone,

Good news! :-)

Rolf Sponsel wrote:

Andreas Sikkema wrote:

If possible, I'd put GNUgk with one leg on the outside of the firewall and the other leg (nic) on the inside.

I'm not sure i understand how I possibly could put one
leg of GNUgk on the outside of the firewall, considering
that the firewall is not a software firewall running on
the same box as the GNUgk, but rather a separate box.

... SNIP ...

> With a correct Networks= setting, that worls like a
> charm.

:-O "Networks=" !!!?

I haven't seen that directive in the documentation.
Where should that directive go (in the config file)?

I had to specify the 'NetworkInterfaces' property in my GK config file.
Below is what the GNUgk documentation says .

   * |NetworkInterfaces=192.168.1.1/24,10.0.0.1/0|
     Default: |N/A|

     Specify the network interfaces of the gatekeeper. By default the
     gatekeeper will detect the interfaces of your host automatically.
     There are two situations that you may want to use this option. One
     is automatical detection failed, another is the gatekeeper is
     behind an NAT box and allow endpoints with public IPs to register
     with. In this case you should set the option just as the
     gatekeeper is running on the NAT box.

I had read it, several times, but - probably due to my lack understang english - I was in
the belief that it was not applicable to my situation, as I only where having the need for
*internal* enpoints (with local IP-addresses only) to register with the GNUgk in order
to call out.

I explicitly didn't want to allow endpoints with public IP Adresses to register to the GK.

Maybe the second part of the sentence last but one describing the NetworkInterfaces
parameter in the GNUgk documentation should be rephrased in a slightly better way.

That would probably have saved me a few days of analysing and "spamming" ;-)

Anyway; Problem *SOLVED* !!!! :-)

The GNUgk now seems to run perfectly, even despite being
behind *two* firewalls (one stand-alone and one software).

Great!!! :-)

Thank You All!

--
----