Re: Parent-Child GK

Thanks for shedding some lights on my problems.  Now I know I shouldn't mess
around with registering a child gk to more than 1 parent.  As for point 2 & 3,
let me clarify the kind of problems I'm experiencing.

2) If I have 2 separate GK working independently (GK1 & GK2), while some calls
on GK1 need to pass onto GK2, I've placed the GK2 info into the permanent
endpoints section so that it would act as a gateway to receive calls from
GK1.  Yet GK2 can not receive ANY signals from GK1 when this is
implemented.    As an experiment, I've tried registering GK2 to GK1, then
everything worked!  Why would a GK works when it is registered to a parent,
yet it doesn't even receive and signals if it is only acting as a permanent
endpoint???

3) This is similar to point 2, yet what I'm trying to accomplish is that I
have multiple 4/8 ports gateway registered onto a GK.  Now I have another GK
trying to call these gateways, so instead of having multiple gateway
registration again, all I'm doing is assigning a prefix + IP on this GK to
call the GK with all the gateways registered.  (The reason I'm doing this is
because I only want the first GK to handle the call distribution to all these
gateways, while making this unknown to the second GK).  In other words, I'd
like to configure GNUGK to be in a gateway mode to accept calls as if it is a
gateway.

Thanks for any help/suggestions!!

PS:  I may be wrong, but does this have to do with unregistered endpoints or
the direct IP-IP feature in 2.0.8??