Re: GW prefixes

On Friday 23 January 2004 17:18, Zygmuntowicz Michal wrote:
> Would not it be easier to just reject RRQ from this gateway (thus not
> allowing it to register)?
> Maybe some simple AliasAuth that rejects specific aliases/ips and while
> accepting others.

yes i can concieve several ways to block this one gw from registering, my
larger concern is that anytime i allow gws to register, they can send a
prefix and if they say send 011 or 1 by mistake, all routing goes away. i
guess what i ask is that the perm endpoint prefix have more importance then
if a gw registers with a prefix, this way i dont have to worry about static
routes and prefixes that may throw things off if a gateway registers
improperly.

thanks foryour comment michal.
regards
ray