Re: Billing unanswer call.

It seems to me that the ports you are using for POTS in the 3620 are analog ports (like FXO). On this kind of interfaces, there is no information about call signalling, so it cannot tell real call setup times. This way, you will be billing for busy tones and unanswered calls because it considers the call to last between the call setup moment and the moment when the calling party tears down the unanswered call.

Your only option in this case is to switch to digital ports (BRI/PRI ISDN, E1 R2, or even SS7 although the last one would be a very expensive option).

Ruben Gomez wrote:
Hi guys i can make the cisco to give a signal about this situation:

i call from and ata my gateways is a cisco 3620 ...all is ok ..when a put a call through the gateways it make the call ..but if the other end do not pick up the phone the gk sendme a time of connection to the billing system... and this is untrue...anybody have experience how to configure the gk or the cisco so onlñy send me a true connection???

i compare the h323-setup-time the connect-time and the disconnect-time and always have values ....similar values ...with that error...how can you determine that the other party pick-up the phone???
Thank You.

http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn