NATed terminals unable to call each other without GK-routed mode

Hello Everyone,

How do I configure my GnuGK 2.0.6 so that two registered NATed terminals
(gateways) can call each other without flooding the GK with RTP traffic?

>From what I have read in the online documentation, with settings:

 GKRouted=1
 H245Routed=1
 SupportNATedEndpoints=1

would route just the control channel through my GK while the voice/logical
channels are established directly between the two registered NATed terminals.
However, I found that with the above settings, RTP traffic are all routed
through the GK.  This situation is the same for specifying either the "-r" or "-
rr" option from the command line when starting up 'gnugk'.

Here is the sample set up:

  - Term1 (priv.IP: 192.168.1.1 / pub.IP: 1.1.1.1)
  - GK (pub.IP: 9.9.9.9)
  - Term2 (priv.IP: 192.168.2.2 / pub.IP: 2.2.2.2)

Both Term1 & Term2 are registered on the GK, and GK sees both the private
IPs of the terminals and their respective IP-sharing ADSL router's public IP
addresses.

And if I set to these settings: (or run 'gnugk' with no '-r' or '-rr')

 GKRouted=0
 H245Routed=0
 SupportNATedEndpoints=1

both Term1 & Term2 can still register, but when Term1 calls Term2, I find that
Term1 is calling Term2's priv.IP: (tcp 1720 to 192.168.2.2 ), which of  course,
not gonna go anywhere out of  Term1's local network to reach Term2.  Isn't the
GK supposed to send the pub.IP (2.2.2.2) of Term2 to Term1 for it to call Term2?

Am I doing something wrong here? Or something I am missing/misdirected....?

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Michael

p.s.  all necessary port forwarding  are done; even tried with "DMZ" for the
terminals, and all Proxy settings are Off.

p.s.  is there a difference/relationship in/between H245routed and H245
tunneling?