something to think about

Dear all list members,

This letter is meant to challenge you all. Don't get offended if you don?t
like to read what I have to say. Just throw it in your trash can.

I am a proud member of the list since some time now in this forum and
enjoyed it very much and I learned a lot from EVERYBODIES comments.

I see a slight change in the way questions are being answered. It all comes
down to 1 or 2 persons who give excellent support and excellent answers out
of a list of more than 600 persons. In my opinion the goal of a forum is
bypassed when only a selected amount of people answers questions. Than it is
not a forum anymore but a support list.

My question is; what are the other 598 list members doing with their
experiences?

Sharing experience is the main goal of this list and typical questions like
"I am behind NAT and I have only 1 way audio" and "How many endpoints can
gnugk support" and How is proxying affecting the CPU load on my system and
what is max amount of proxied users I can have" and how do I setup a good
parent child environment" as also " how do I create a good billing
application" and "how do I setup a good radius environment" are only some of
the repeating issues that where planned to be picked up by some workgroup to
be bundled in a readable FAQ. Nothing happened since ...

Than of course the fierce discussions between founders and code writers
about standardization and above all the irritation with some of the members
of this list that was caused by non standard arrogant answers.

This product is "open software" and used in some large organizations that of
course like to protect their add-ons and pieces of code they wrote. I wonder
if this is the right attitude.

GnuGK can be a much bigger evolved product if EVERYBODY should try to put a
little more effort in answering questions and sharing experiences,
delivering ini file samples and code samples to solve particular situations
etc.. Etc.. . There are so many unanswered questions and stupid questions
simply do not exist.

Maybe my mail is not worth reading but I for sure miss the old enthusiasm
that once made me a fanatic GnuGK user.

Kind regards, Tjapko.
---