Re: Q931 Setup authorization and Neighbor GK

> > > Earlier, when all h323-xxx-time has been sent - these were just filled
> > > with some useless values, like copying h323-disconnect-time to
> > > h323-connect-time and h323-setup-time. This way, some call flow info
> > > has been lost.
> >
> > This was not correct, in most cases unexpected behavior. Setup time
> > should never be overwritten, being the time of ARQ or Setup arrival. For
> > cisco boxes connect-time=disconnect-time for unconnected calls, but
> > setup-time is kept in. The reason here is to have PDD value (very
> > helpfull in troubleshooting).
>
> h323-setup-time cannot be sometimes ARQ time and sometimes Setup time

I mean "being the time of ARQ arrival for registered endpoint and Setup
arrival for permanent one"... maybe it should be always the Setup arrival
time... I do not use gk functionality, proxy only...

> - this way it is useless. It should be a time when Setup message has been
> sent. If not Setup has been sent, then there is nothing to measure.

Call processing time = Setup received time - ReleaseComplete sent time
(for incomplete calls)
But accounting dosn't work for incomplete or unathorized calls... so the
discussion is a sort of flame in the context... ;)
Michal, do you plan to implement incomplete or unathorized calls accounting?

> If the call is not connected then we have both h323-setup-time and
> h323-disconnect-time.

I agree that this is _logically_ correct... again it's all about macro
language for substitutions (CDR output format, Acct-Request templates etc)...
The problem here is that we do not have easy to use and unified framework
(Get/SetCallParameter1,2,...), but lots of if/else checks to get smth...

> We cannot rely on connect-time=disconnect-time because we do not have
> subsecond accuracy, so it is possible to have connect-time=disconnect-time
> for a connected call.

if AcctSessionTime is null it makes no sense to know if the call was or was
NOT connected. Unless you charge for the fact of connect message arrival from
network even when user has released the call before it ;) (this can't occur
in end-to-end ISDN call, but in H.323 environemnt this is not a rare case...)

> PDD is calculated as a time between Setup and Alerting message - we do not
> send the second one, so what is your definition of PDD?

Such a "correct" PDD definition is useless in real world ;) We may receive RBT
just after CallProceeding (in FastStart mode) and not receive Alerting at
all. I used to mean by PDD the time between Setup received from calling party
and Connect received from called party for successful calls and Setup time
minus ReleaseComplete time for unconnected calls. I don't see any sense in
measuring time between Setup sent and Alerting received, basically because
calling party usually disconnects not receiving Alerting in 3,5-4 secs.
CallProceeding may be received/sent before Alerting, but T30x timer
conditions are not usually implemented as per specs... :(

--
Best regards,
Andrey S Pankov.