Re: Q931 Setup authorization and Neighbor GK

Hi,

Please see comments inline...

They have radius accounting packet templates for those who needs them ;)
Usallly problems occur not with extra attribute present, but with some attrs
missing...

> > May be we need have that: if I make cisco capability then will sends all
> > RADIUS infos, if not capable - then not all.
> > h323-xxxxx-time is really important for troubleshooting: ie to calculate
> > PDD time or some more points.
> > VoIP is not 100% QoS stable, therefore we still need for some
> > troubleshooting points to discuss with an angry customers ;-)
>
> That's the reason why to send only real h323-xxx-time values.
> If you find missing h323-setup-time that means no signalling channel has
> been opened. If there is no h323-connect-time, that means no Connect
> message has been received (call has not been answered). You can then show
> your customer:
> "Look, the phone was ringing (h323-setup-time present), but the remote
> party did not answered (no h323-connect-time) or gateway terminated the
> call (some specific h323-disconnect-cause). The phone was ringing for
> (h323-disconnect-time-h323-setup-time) seconds."
> or
> "Look, our gatekeeper received only admission request (ARQ) and it has been
> confirmed, but your endpoint did not open signalling channel (no
> h323-setup-time, no h323-connect-time)"

MVTS (Mera xPGK) have local-disconnect-code to signal user of what's going on
(what happens and on what side - caller/callee). It would be very useful to
have them implemented. Once we have CDR format macros users will be able to
see them in there logs... ;)

> Earlier, when all h323-xxx-time has been sent - these were just filled with
> some useless values, like copying h323-disconnect-time to h323-connect-time
> and h323-setup-time. This way, some call flow info has been lost.

This was not correct, in most cases unexpected behavior. Setup time should
never be overwritten, being the time of ARQ or Setup arrival. For cisco boxes
connect-time=disconnect-time for unconnected calls, but setup-time is kept
in. The reason here is to have PDD value (very helpfull in troubleshooting).

> With some radius server, it is easy to replace missing attributes, like
> (FreeRADIUS): '%{h323-connect-time:-%{h323-disconnect-time}}'
> that means "take h323-connect-time if it is present, h323-disconnect-time
> if not".

The problem here is when one uses vendor/proprietary implementations and so
needs to have an extra software installed (radius proxy like FreeRadius in
your example).

--
Best regards,
Andrey S Pankov.