Re: Q931 Setup authorization and Neighbor GK

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oleg Ustinov" <Oleg.Ustinov@nectis.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 12:39 AM

> I understud basically it is right, but I think it could be better if we will
> have a choice what can be send to RADIUS.
> Normally If I put CISCO compatibility i expect at least 90% same as on CISCO
> box.

We are not even 50% compatible - Cisco boxes send at lest 15 more attributes.

> May be we need have that: if I make cisco capability then will sends all
> RADIUS infos, if not capable - then not all.
> h323-xxxxx-time is really important for troubleshooting: ie to calculate PDD
> time or some more points.
> VoIP is not 100% QoS stable, therefore we still need for some
> troubleshooting points to discuss with an angry customers ;-)

That's the reason why to send only real h323-xxx-time values.
If you find missing h323-setup-time that means no signalling channel has been opened.
If there is no h323-connect-time, that means no Connect message has been received (call has not been answered).
You can then show your customer:
"Look, the phone was ringing (h323-setup-time present), but the remote party did not answered (no h323-connect-time)
or gateway terminated the call (some specific h323-disconnect-cause). The phone was ringing for
(h323-disconnect-time-h323-setup-time) seconds."
or
"Look, our gatekeeper received only admission request (ARQ) and it has been confirmed, but your endpoint
did not open signalling channel (no h323-setup-time, no h323-connect-time)"

Earlier, when all h323-xxx-time has been sent - these were just filled with some
useless values, like copying h323-disconnect-time to h323-connect-time and h323-setup-time.
This way, some call flow info has been lost.

With some radius server, it is easy to replace missing attributes, like (FreeRADIUS):
    '%{h323-connect-time:-%{h323-disconnect-time}}'
that means "take h323-connect-time if it is present, h323-disconnect-time if not".

---
Zygmuntowicz Michal