Re: Q931 Setup authorization and Neighbor GK

The definition in the document you cite is misleading:

	"The call setup delay, also known as the Post Dial Delay
	 (PDD), in an ISDN-SS7 environment is the period that starts
	 when an ISDN user dials the last digit of the called number
	 and ends when the user receives the last bit of the Alerting
	 message."

There is noting wrong with this statement per se however you need to
understand where it applies.  "In an ISDN-SS7 environment" means an
end to end ISDN.  If the called party is not using DSS1 (Q.931 ISDN)
the situation changes.  As soon as you leave the ISDN the ALERTING
message will now contain an indication that interworking was
encountered and that inband call progress tones may be available.
This ALERTING message must be ignored for our purposes and we must
now listen to the inband tones to get the real "alerting" message;
a ring back tone cadence.

An end to end H.323 network can be considered an ISDN.

	-Vance