Re: JAM VM hangs after running for ~2 hours.

Hi,

Quick reply:

1) You can get a dump of all the threads and their stack traces by
sending SIGQUIT to the jamvm process (find the process ID via ps or
top), e.g.

kill -3 <process ID>

JamVM will dump the thread state and continue.

If you launched JamVM from a terminal you can also do Ctrl-\ in the
terminal, which will send SIGQUIT.

2) Attach gdb to jamvm and inspect the threads, e.g.:

gdb jamvm <process ID>

list all threads with:

info threads

then, for each interesting thread:

thread <thread no>
bt

3) Run JamVM with strace

This will dump information about every system call being executed.
However, if it takes two hours to hang this will probably be far too
much information.

Rob.