JAM VM hangs after running for ~2 hours.

Problem: JAM VM hangs after running for ~2 hours. There is no response from
jetty (running on jamvm) at this time.

The environment is:
- the jam vm version is JamVM 1.5.3
- GNU Classpath version is 0.98
- the GNU Classpath is build by disabling the following things as they are
not required by us:
 . /configure --disable-gtk-peer --disable-plugin --disable-gconf-peer
--enable-tools
- we are running jetty 6.1.8 using the jam vm.
- we are connecting to the jetty (which is running on jamvm), through the
browser (IE7) on port 8080, but there is no response from the server.
- Our code runs fine when it is running jetty on sun jre 1.5. So it is
certain that the problem is with the jamvm
- the linux platform is: debian
- After some analysis, it seems that there is some bug in the socket library
of GNU Classpath due to which it stops responding after running for
sometime.

Queries: Basically we are not able to do anything when the JAMVM hangs, so
could someone please tell me about how to debug the jamvm when it hangs i.e.
- Is there any hook so that we can attach something to it,
- Can we debug it remotely,
- How to enable logging in it?
- Any tool which can aid us in analyzing this problem further?

We are stuck on this; please provide your valuable suggestions/resolutions
for the same?