Re: Other class libraries

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 15:20 +0100, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> Since OpenJDK has been released, I've noticed that a tendency has
> arisen to not treat
> that codebase with the same 'don't look if working on the same code'
> approach we had
> when it was proprietary.  When working on GNU Classpath, we still need
> to be careful
> about cross-pollination between codebases, even though the OpenJDK
> class libraries
> are under (nearly) the same license.
>
> This also applies for other class libraries, namely Harmony's.

I guess this email came from the Long.signum() discussion we had today
on IRC.  Today I noticed that we are failing this one, so I tried with
CACAO/OpenJDK and it worked.  Then I had a look at GNU Classpath's code
and it was simply a one-liner.  Wondering why it failed, I looked at the
OpenJDK code and asked Mark if we could not simply use that correct
implementation (from OpenJDK).

My point is, people are still working like in the "good old" proprietary
way, at least I do.  But also back then one-liners haven't been a
problem.

- twisti