Re: Summer of Code Ideas

Hi Ruud, Andrew and classpathers.

Ruud Steltenpool:
> I was indeed the person on IRC: stelt
> I see SVG as very important for the freedom of people's creativity and
> cooperation and that is why i put loads of time in evangelizing it.
> As i lack the skills/time to realize the ideas i mentioned on the Batik
> list, i thought maybe i can help by finding some coders or GSOC mentors
> to have them realized anyways. Now i've made the contact for maybe doing
> this, i've become the useless man in the middle, which is why i put
> Cameron (heycam@freenode) of Batik fame in the CC.

As mentioned in the mailing list thread Dalibor quoted, I’m not sure if
I will have the time this year for GSoC (as student or mentor), being
pretty busy finishing off uni.  I haven’t tried Batik with classpath for
a while (six months maybe?).  It’s a good idea for a project, though,
since Batik does exercise the Java2D stuff quite well.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/
	xmpp:heycam@xxxxxxxxxx  ▪  ICQ 26955922  ▪  MSN cam@xxxxxxxxx