Re: Summer of Code Ideas

snip...

>  * glib as the native layer
>
>  We could simplify the portability glue code by using glib underneath.
>  We're using glib implicitly in the GTK peers already, and it would let us
>  delegate the responsibility for portability wrappers out of classpath,
>  while at the same time making the native code work transparently on
>  win32.

What worries me about this is we'd then require GLib (we currently
don't, if Gtk+ peers aren't used).  Saying that, this is the preferred
way of handling this, it just depends on how big an issue the current
implementation is and whether someone steps up for this for GSoC.
--
Andrew :-)

Document Freedom Day - March 26th
http://documentfreedom.org

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8