Re: how/where to find Gnome Preferences Tool?

I haven't seen your new thread. Changing the focused window colour/contrast should be fairly easy, and I think you could do it with a gtkrc file instead of writing a whole theme. You probably won't be able to resurrect scroll buttons though. They were phased out years ago, so the functionality has probably been removed; not something you can simply enable with a theme option.