Re: how/where to find Gnome Preferences Tool?

Looking at and following the Desktop User Guide, I was trying to create a new theme (and do a few other things explained there).  I already have and have been using the tweak tool quite a bit, but what is explained in that userguide does not correspond at all to the what's in the tweak tool... iow, it doesn't seem to be the same app, the Preference Tool, mentioned in the userguide.