Re: Execute a script when the user logs out and the greeter is shown again

Anyone?

On Wed, 5 May 2021 at 13:22, PenguinWhispererThe <th3penguinwhisperer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking how I can make a script execute as soon as a user has logged out and the greeter is shown again (centos8).
Right now I have create a desktop file in /usr/share/gdm/greeter/autostart and this work properly to have synergyc started at the login screen. However as soon as I logout I get back to the greeter and synergyc is not started again.
Previously this was covered by /etc/gdm/{Init, ...}/Default scripts. However these don't seem to be executed anymore although the docs still mention them. (the scripts are executable and SElinux is in permissive mode).

What would be the proper way to have the same command executed again every time the greeter is shown?

Restarting gdm is a workaround for now.

Thanks in advance.