Re: Music app: crippled?

Seg, 2013-10-28 às 15:22 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams escreveu:

> If they are volunteers - they work on what they want to.  I get that
> [being a volunteer developer as well].  I just do not understand the
> urge to write-from-scatch when several solid bases exist.
responded to this in other email. The work can be driven, in this case
to build a new application instead of rework another one.
But it is true, everyone works in what one wants.

> > I believe that it would be nicer to see *new* development in a calendar
> > (i think it is going on), email, rss, twitter application because it is
> > true that evolution, unfortunately sucks (or oficially drop it and adopt
> > thunderbird). RhythmBox does his job well at least.
>
> No, Evolution has not sucked for some time now.  3.8.x is good, and
> 3.10.x is excellent.  3.4 & 3.6 where dodgy.

I noticed some work on evolution, but did not follow it, sorry ... 3.4.4
debian stable here. Pretty bad. Glad it is over.