Re: Music app: crippled?

Seg, 2013-10-28 às 13:27 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams escreveu:
> On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 17:21 +0000, Marco Scannadinari wrote:
> > > Or, ditto, all the features and speed of Banshee.  I'll probably just
> > > keep using banshee for the forsee-able future.
> > > And there is device and device-sync capability as well.
> > Come on guys - the project only started on the second half of last year.
>
> But there are applications which currently solve this problem
> excellently and have mature code-bases.  At least for me, nobody has
> answered the question as to why this is a needed, or even a good idea.
> Do we really need to create yet-another-another-another media player?

Well ... i think gnome is getting its (small) man power badly used.
Rhythmbox is a full featured  music player, supported officially by
gnome (so in gnome's hands). Just hack on it a new UI and *expand* the
features. You can also provide a Rhythmbox-ng as option until the
development is not complete. Or you could just simply provide an
integrated media player (joining Totem and rhythmbox).

I believe that it would be nicer to see *new* development in a calendar
(i think it is going on), email, rss, twitter application because it is
true that evolution, unfortunately sucks (or oficially drop it and adopt
thunderbird). RhythmBox does his job well at least.