Re: Music app: crippled?

On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 17:44 +0000, Luis Matos wrote:
> Seg, 2013-10-28 às 13:27 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams escreveu:
> > > Come on guys - the project only started on the second half of last year.
> > But there are applications which currently solve this problem
> > excellently and have mature code-bases.  At least for me, nobody has
> > answered the question as to why this is a needed, or even a good idea.
> > Do we really need to create yet-another-another-another media player?
> Well ... i think gnome is getting its (small) man power badly used.

If they are volunteers - they work on what they want to.  I get that
[being a volunteer developer as well].  I just do not understand the
urge to write-from-scatch when several solid bases exist.

> I believe that it would be nicer to see *new* development in a calendar
> (i think it is going on), email, rss, twitter application because it is
> true that evolution, unfortunately sucks (or oficially drop it and adopt
> thunderbird). RhythmBox does his job well at least.

No, Evolution has not sucked for some time now.  3.8.x is good, and
3.10.x is excellent.  3.4 & 3.6 where dodgy.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> GPG D95ED383