Re: Music app: crippled?

On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 17:21 +0000, Marco Scannadinari wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 11:36 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> > On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 21:17 -0500, Andrew Ter-Grigoryan wrote:
> > > Will the new Music app eventually gain Rhythmbox's radio, podcast, CD,
> > > and Last.fm scrobbling features? Or is the goal just to keep it very
> > > simple and pretty?
> > Or, ditto, all the features and speed of Banshee.  I'll probably just
> > keep using banshee for the forsee-able future.
> > And there is device and device-sync capability as well.
> Come on guys - the project only started on the second half of last year.

But there are applications which currently solve this problem
excellently and have mature code-bases.  At least for me, nobody has
answered the question as to why this is a needed, or even a good idea.
Do we really need to create yet-another-another-another media player?

> PS. At least its not written in C# (jk)

Sigh. If only we could fight the singular war for an Open desktop
environment, and not these silly internal turf wars.