Re: Suggest a feature redirect

On 05/19/2016 02:38 AM, Amye Scavarda wrote:

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Vijay Bellur <vbellur@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:vbellur@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    <mailto:amye@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    >> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Humble Devassy Chirammal
    >> <humble.devassy@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:humble.devassy@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hi Amye,
    >>>
    >>> afaict, the feature proposal has start from glusterfs-specs
    >>> (http://review.gluster.org/#/q/project:glusterfs-specs) project
    under
    >>> review.gluster.org <http://review.gluster.org>
    >>>
    >>> --Humble

    Gluster Community Lead

    >> Said another way, if you wanted to be able to have someone
    contribute a
    >> feature idea, what would be the best way?
    >> Bugzilla? A google form? An email into the -devel list?
    >>

    > If it is more of a request from a user it should a bugzilla RFE.
    If the user
    > requested on -devel list without a bug, then one of the community devs
    > should file a bug for it.
    > If it is a proposal for a feature with design
    details/implementation ideas
    > then a patch to glusterfs-specs is encouraged.

    In any case opening a discussion on gluster-devel would be ideal to
    get the attention of all concerned.

    -Vijay

So should this stay on the website in the first place?
- amye

Yes, the relevant workflow needs to be in the website. In the absence of that, newcomers to the community might find it difficult to understand our workflow.

-Vijay