Re: New asset / extension manager

Joao, yes I'm aware of some plugin that did this job. Is it somewhere on
the web or in public repository?

I would like to help with something, but entire thing is either frozen or
done privately.

I know (and I was multiple times told) that Gimp devs are not employees in
some corporate and they are doing things in their spare time, but there are
some things that should be IMHO more open, like

- project goals - what's the result of the project (e.g. extension file
format and it's integration to gimp, desktop client, server backend, Web
app,...)
- analysis - what's already done, what needs to be done (like details of
the project goals,...), some interface specs,...
- GUI drafts

This would IMHO help a lot.

Nobody says this all must be done by core devs - well only 1st point
(project goals) and following moderation of the project.