Re: Composition rendering time instance

that seems really powerful to me, and I hope to see some form of visual node representation beside the classic layer view some day... (yes the one in Blender is great ;-)

Today a motion compositor is sometimes the better tool to do a complex non destructive still composit because of things like the node editor or external referenced image sources.

Adobe After Effects for example is hardly criticized for its lack in true node editing.

--> A question about the planned new Gimp layer chain: Will we have a chain of layers with different operators applied to them and the option of linking child layers to parent layers and building groups for esay tranformation?

--> The input of such  a layer is stored in native resolution and processed by the layers trasnformation settings to match the composition? Can the input be externaly referenced? Will there be a resampling option to be able to reduce file size if I loaded a 24MP image but only want do design a web banner and don't want to save all the 24MP input dat with my composition?

greetings

Danko